Name: Zhang Tierui
1994-1998 B.S. Chemistry Base Class, College of Chemistry, Jilin University, Changchun, Jilin (test-free)
1998-2003 Ph. D, major in Organic Chemistry, College of Chemistry, Jilin University, Changchun, Jilin (test-free)
2003-2004 German "Humboldt" scholar, Germany Marp Colloid and Interface Institute Supervisor: Prof. Markus Antonietti; Prof. Charl F. J. Faul
2004-2005 Postdoc, (National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Institute of Nanotechnology, Canadian Academy of Sciences Supervisor: Hicham Fenniri
2005-2007 Postdoc, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Arkansas, USA, Supervisor: Prof. Z. Ryan Tian
2007-2009 Postdoc, Department of Chemistry and Department of Chemical Engineering, University of California, Riverside, Supervisor: Prof. Yadong Yin; Prof. Yushan Yan
2009 - Researcher, doctoral supervisor, Technical Institute of Physics And Chemistry, CAS.
Currently, he is the editorial board of two international journals: Scientific Reports, Nanoscience & Nanotechnology-ASIA and Open Journal of Physical Chemistry and is invited to hold the post of reviewer for dozens of international journals, such as Chem. Soc. Rev., Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., J. Am. Chem. Soc., Adv. Mater, etc. he has published over 70 SCI papers on international journals, such asJ. Am. Chem. Soc., Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., Nano Letters, Adv. Mater, etc., which are cited over 2000 times. He has been invited to make reports at domestic and international academic conferences, and has received great attention from domestic and foreign counterparts.
Chemically controlled synthesis, assembly, and performance studies of functionally oriented nanomaterials, including:
1. Photocatalytic decomposition of water to produce hydrogen and CO2 reduction; photocatalytic degradation of organic pollutants; photocatalytic organic reaction;
2. Application of nanocatalysts in important organic reactions;
3. Controllable assembly of nanomaterials and their applications in catalysis, biology, sensing, etc.
Awards and Honors:
2014: The "Hundred Talents Plan" with excellent final evaluation
2013: The 44th World Chemistry Conference Young Chemist Travel Award
2013: National Fund Committee "Outstanding Youth Science Fund"
2011: Best Oral Report Award of the 13th National Youth Catalysis Conference
2010: Silver Award for the 2nd "SCOPUS Looking for the Future Science Star" of Materials
2009: Chinese Academy of Sciences introduces outstanding foreign talents – "Hundred Talents Program"
2003: Alexander Humboldt Foundation, Germany - German "Humboldt" scholar
1．Lu Shang, Tong Bian, Baihui Zhang, Donghui Zhang, Li-Zhu Wu, Chen-Ho Tung, Yadong Yin* and Tierui Zhang*, "Graphene-supported ultrafine metal nanoparticles encapsulated by mesoporous silica: a robust catalyst", Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2014, 53, 250-254. (Hot paper and Inside Cover article, Highlighted by Materials Views)
2．Tong Bian, Lu Shang, Huijun Yu, Maria Teresa Perez, Li-Zhu Wu, Chen-Ho Tung, Zhihong Nie*, Zhiyong Tang* andTierui Zhang*, “Spontaneous organization of inorganic nanoparticles into nanovesicles triggered by UV light”, Adv. Mater.2014, DOI: 10.1002/adma.201401182, Highlighted by Materials Views.
3．Tierui Zhang, Jianping Ge, Yongxing Hu, Qiao Zhang, Shaul Aloni and Yadong Yin, "Formation of hollow silica colloids through a spontaneous dissolution-regrowth process", Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2008, 47, 5806-5811.
4．Tierui Zhang, Wenjun Dong, Mary Keeter-Brewer, Roland N. Njabon and Z. Ryan Tian, "Site-specific nucleation and growth kinetics in hierarchical nanosyntheses of branched ZnO crystallites", J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2006, 128, 10960-10968.
5．Tierui Zhang, Jianping Ge, Yongxing Hu and Yadong Yin, "A general approach for transferring hydrophobic nanocrystals to water", Nano Lett. 2007, 7, 3203-3207. Highlighted by Science as "Editor’s choice".
6．Tierui Zhang,Shaoqin Liu, Dirk G. Kurth and Charl F. J. Faul, "Organized nanostructured complexes of polyoxometalates and surfactants that exhibit photoluminescence and electrochromism", Adv. Funct. Mater. 2009, 19, 642-652.
1. The National Natural Science Foundation of China "Outstanding Youth Science Fund" Project: Micro-nano structure material table interface
2. National Key Basic Research Development Program (973 Program): The basis of artificial light synthesis of solar fuel.
3. Important Direction Project of Knowledge Innovation Program of CAS: hydrogen production and carbon dioxide reduction catalyzed by solar energy (electric).
4. Development Project of Major Research Program of The National Natural Science Foundation of Chin: Reversible assembly and deassembly-mediated photocatalytic switching catalysis of silica particles.
5. The National Natural Science Foundation of China General Program: Controllable preparation and photocatalytic performance of visible light responsive semiconductor-based mesoporous nanocrystalline composite microspheres. In addition to the above approved projects, a number of other projects are pending.