Name: Liu Liqiang
Liu Liqiang, Male, born in December 1969 in Beijing, researcher and doctoral supervisor. Liu got his B.Eng. degree from School of Mechanical Engineering, Xi’an Jiaotong university and Ph.D. degree from School of Energy and Power Engineering, Xi’an Jiaotong University. Li worked as postdoc in Research Center of Cryogenic Technology, CAS in 1997 – 1999. Since 1999, Li started his work as Associate Researcher, Director of Innovation Group, Researcher sequentially in Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry, CAS. In this period: 2000 – 2001 Asian Fellow in CERN, 2002 – 2005 Visiting Scholar in KEK, Scientific Associate in CERN, Visiting Scholar in CLS, Special Researcher in JSPS, Visiting Scholar in DESY, awarded as second class prize of science and technology progress among Chinese Universities. Li published more than 60 papers, of which more than 30 are recorded by SCI, EI and ISTP.
1. Research on large-scale cryogenic systems and their applications, including large-scale superconductive magnets, research on superconducting high-frequency cavity cryogenic systems, etc.
2. Research on key technologies of cryogenic systems, including research on gas bearing turboexpanders, etc.
3. Research on cryogenic system based on small cryogenic refrigerator, including research on chiller cooling low temperature superconducting magnet, application of G-M chiller in MRI, application of chiller in vibrating sample magnetometer, application of chiller in superconducting work, etc.
1. Liu L Q, Chen C Z. Predicting Performance of Expansion Turbines Using Different Working Fluids Based on the Artificial Neural Network. Advances in Cryogenic Engineering, 1998, 43 (Part A): 657~660
2. Liu L Q, Chen C Z. Analysis of the Dynamic Characteristics of Gas Bearing with Holes of Tangential Supply. Transactions of ASME, J. of Tribology, 1999, 121(2): 301~305
3. Liu L Q, Zhang L. Study on a New Type of Sealing – Regeneration-Labyrinth Sealing for Displacer in Cryocoolers, Part I – Theoretical Study. Cryogenics, 2000, 40 (2): 75~83
4. Liu L Q, Zhang L. Study on a New Type of Sealing – Regeneration-Labyrinth Sealing for Displacer in Cryocoolers, Part II– Experimental Study. Cryogenics, 2000, 40 (2): 85~90
5. L.Q. Liu, L. Zhang and L. H. Gong. Experimental Study on a New Type of Sealing — Regeneration-Labyrinth Sealing for Displacer in Cryocoolers. In: Proceedings of ICEC18. Mumbai, India, 2000: 583-587
6. Liu L Q, Gong L H, Zhang L. Numerical Study on a New Type of 4K GM/PT Hybrid Refrigerator. Cryocoolers 11, Plenum Publishers 2001: 265-272
7. Liang W., Liu L., Gong L., et al. The Preliminary Design and Optimization of the Cryogenic System for BEPC II and BES III. In: Proceedings of ICEC19. Grenoble, France, 2002: 34-37
8. L. Liu, G. Riddone, L. Tavian. Numerical Analysis of Coolddown and Warmup for the Large Hadron Collider. Cryogenics, 2003, 43(6): 359~367
9. L. Liu, Z. Zhu, S. Han, et al., The Cryogenic System of BESIII in Preliminary Design. In: Proceedings of ICEC20. Beijing, China, 2004
10. Riddone G, Liu L., and Tavian L. Numerical study of the final cooldown from 4.5 K to 1.9 K of the Large Hadron Collider. In: Proceedings of ICEC20. Beijing, China, 2004