Name: SONG Kai
SONG Kai, male, born in 1975, currently serves as a researcher and supervisor of Technical Institute of Physics And Chemistry, CAS, as well as a professor of School of Future Technology, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences. In 1996, he graduated from the Department of Chemistry of Nankai University with a bachelor's degree in science. In 1996, he started his Ph.D. learning in Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry of CAS and received his Ph.D. degree in 2001. In the same year, he was awarded the China Academy of Sciences Dean's Scholarship Excellence Award. During 2001-2003 and 2003-2005, he did postdoctoral research at the University of Paris, France, and the University of Leuven, Belgium respectively. In October 2005, he joined the Institute of Chemistry of CAS, and he independently led a team to conduct research on the direction of colloidal photonic crystals. In July 2014, he joined the Bionic Intelligence and Interface Science Laboratory, TIPC, CAS. In September 2016, he was employed as a professor at the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences. He has published over 60 papers on journals such as J. Am. Chem. Soc., Adv. Mater., Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., NPG Asia Mater. His research results have been commented as a highlight by ACS Noteworthy Chemistry, Nature China, etc. He has been invited for many times as the reviewer of well-known journals such as J. Am. Chem. Soc., Angew. Chem. Int. Ed.,Adv. Func. Mater., Adv. Opt. Mater., Small, Langmuir, J. Mater. Chem. C. He has also been invited to do report at international and domestic conferences such as the International Conference on Photochemistry, the annual meeting of the Asian Chemical Society, and the annual meeting of the Chinese Chemical Society. His individual awards and honors include Excellence Award of Dean's Scholarship, CAS (2001)and Excellent Graduate Instructor Award, CAS (2013, 100 per year). He has independently directed 7 doctoral students and 10 graduate students.
1. Colloidal photonic crystal
2. Biomimetic optical structure
3. Bionic intelligent flexible material
Awards and Honors：
2013, Excellent Graduate Instructor Award of Chinese Academy of Sciences
2010, Young Science Excellence Award of Institute of Chemistry, CAS
2009, Excellent Staff Award of Institute of Chemistry, CAS
2001, Excellence Award of Dean's Scholarship, Chinese Academy of Sciences
1. K. Zhong*, J. Li, L. Liu, S. Van Cleuvenbergen, K. Song*, K. Clays*, Instantaneous, simple, and reversible revealing of invisible patterns encrypted in robust hollow sphere colloidal photonic crystals, Adv. Mater. 2018, 30, 1707246.
2. B. Yang, L. Li, K. Du, B. Fan*, Y. Long*, K. Song*, Photo-responsive photonic crystals for broad wavelength shifts, Chem. Commun. 2018, 54, 3057.
3. C. Liu, Y. Long*, B. Yang, G. Yang, C.-H. Tung, K. Song*, Facile fabrication of micro-grooves based photonic crystals towards anisotropic angle-independent structural colors and polarized multiple reflections, Science Bulletin 2017, 62, 938. (Cover article)
4. S. Liu, Y. Long*, C. Liu, Z. Chen, K. Song*, Bioinspired adaptive microplate arrays for magnetically tuned optics, Adv. Opt. Mater. 2017, 5, 1601043. (Cover article)
5. K. Zhong, L. Liu, X. Xu, M. Hillen, A. Yamada, X. Zhou, N. Verellen, K. Song*, S. Van Cleuvenbergen, R. Vallée*, K. Clays*, Defect mode passband lasing in self-assembled photonic crystal, ACS Photonics 2016, 3, 2330.
6. Kuo Zhong*, M. Khorshid, J. Li, K. Markey, P. Hermann Wagner, K. Song*, S. Van Cleuvenbergen, K. Clays*, Fabrication of optomicrofluidics for real-time bioassays based on hollow sphere colloidal photonic crystals with wettability patterns, J. Mater. Chem.C 2016, 4, 7853.
7. K. Zhong,* L. Liu, J. Lin, J. Li, S. van Cleuvenbergen, W. Brullot, M. Bloemen, K. Song,* K. Clays* Bioinspired robust sealed colloidal photonic crystals of hollow microspheres for excellent repellency against liquid infiltration and ultrastable photonic Band Gap, Adv. Mater. Interf. 2016, 3, 1600579.
8. K. Zhong, J. Li, L. Liu, W. Brullot, M. Bloemen, A. Volodin, K. Song,* P. Van Dorpe, N. Verellen,*, Koen Clays*, Direct fabrication of monodisperse silica nanorings from hollow spheres-a template for core-shell nanorings, ACS Appl. Mater. Interf. 2016,8, 10451.
9. L. Li, Y. Long, J.-M. Gao, K. Song,* G. Yang, Lable-free and pH-sensitive colorimetric materials for the sensing of urea, Nanoscale 2016, 8, 4458.
10. L. Li, B. Zhao, Y. Long,* J.-M. Gao,* G. Yang, C.-H. Tung, K. Song,* Visual detection of carbonate ions by inverse opal photonic crystal polymers in aqueous solution, J. Mater. Chem. C 2015, 3, 9524.
11. Y. Long, C. Liu, B. Zhao, K. Song*, G. Yang, C.-H. Tung Bio-inspired controlled release through compression-relaxation cycles of microcapsules, NPG Asia Mater. 2015, 7, e148.
12. K. Zhong, P.-J. Demeyer, X. Zhou, O. Kruglova, N. Verellen, V. V. Moshchalkov, K. Song*, K. Clays* A facile way to introduce planar defects into colloidal photonic crystals for pronounced pass bands, J. Mater. Chem. C 2014, 2, 8829.
13. T. Ding, Y. Long, K. Zhong, K. Song,* G. Yang, C.-H. Tung, Modifying the symmetry of colloidal photonic crystals-a way towards complete photonic bandgap, J. Mater. Chem. C 2014, 2, 4100.
14. T. Ding, K. Zhong, Y. Long, K. Song,* G. Yang, C.-H. Tung, Epitaxial growth of bulky calcite inverse opal induced by single crystalline calcite substrate, CrystEngComm 2014, 16, 7617. (Cover article)
15. J. Feng, S. Bian, Y. Long, H. Yuan, Q. Liao, H. Cai*, H. Huang*, K. Song*, G. Yang, Low threshold photonic crystal lasing from a dye with high emission quantum yield and weak self-quenching, J. Mater. Chem. C 2013, 1, 6157.
16. T. Ding, Y. Tian, K. Liang, K. Clays*, K. Song*, G. Yang, C.-H. Tung, Anisotropic oxygen plasma etching of colloidal particles in electrospun fibers, Chem. Commun. 2011, 47, 2429.
17. T. Ding, F. Wang, K. Song*, G. Yang, C.-H. Tung, Oxygen plasma etching-induced crystalline lattice transformation of colloidal photonic crystals, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2010, 132, 17340.
18. T. Ding, K. Song*, K. Clays*, C.-H. Tung, Controlled directionality of ellipsoids in monolayer and multilayer colloidal crystals, Langmuir 2010, 26, 11544.
19. T. Ding, K. Song*, K. Clays*, C.-H. Tung, Fabrication of 3D photonic crystals of ellipsoids: convective self-assembly in magnetic field, Adv. Mater. 2009, 21, 1936.
20. Z.-F. Liu, T. Ding, G. Zhang, K. Song,* K. Clays,* C.-H. Tung, Ternary inverse opal system for convenient and reversible photonic bandgap tuning, Langmuir 2008, 24, 10519.