Name: Wang Shutao
Wang Shutao, researcher, doctoral supervisor, project leader, was selected into the National Outstanding Youth, youth top talents of national “Ten Thousand Talent Program” and the “Introduction of Outstanding Young Talents Program”. He mainly engaged in the research of bionic multi-scale adhesion controllable interface materials, such as anti-adhesive interface materials, efficient bio-identification adhesion interfaces and devices, and early diagnosis of diseases. He firstly proposed the biomarker adhesion effect of "structural matching and molecular recognition" which is used for cancer detection. It is 1000 times more sensitive than the traditional cell separation method, so it was nominated for the 2010 World Science and Technology Award. He has won major scientific advances in China in 2006, outstanding doctoral thesis of the Chinese Academy of Sciences in 2008 (50 papers), National Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Nomination Award in 2009, and China Chemical Society Youth Chemistry Award in 2013. He has published over 140 SCI papers with H-index of 39, including Angew. Chem.(9), Adv. Mater.(20), JACS (2), Nat. Protocol.(1), which have been cited over 4200times. He has 8 patents authorized by China and 2 by USA. He has published Invitation reviews and 3 English articles on well-known international journals such as Chemical Review, Chemical Society Review, Annual Review Nano Research, Account of Chemical Research, Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology C: Chemistry Review, MRS Bulletin. His researching results have been reported in highlight in Nature, Nature medicine, Science Daily, Chem&Eng News, Materials Views China, Material Today, Lab Chipfor many times. He has accepted interview of “The Sceptical Chemist” of Nature Chemistry, “People Watch” of Asia-Pacific Biothech News and China Science Daily.
1996－2000, Bachelor, Northeast Normal University, Department of Chemistry
2000－2003, Master, Northeast Normal University, Department of Chemistry, major in Inorganic Chemistry, Supervisor: Professor Wang Enbo
2003－2007, Ph.D. Institute of Chemistry, CAS , Physical Chemistry, Supervisor: Academician Jiang Lei
2007－2010, Postdoc, University of California, Los Angeles School of Medicine
2010－2014, Researcher, Doctoral Supervisor, Institute of Chemistry, CAS
2014－now, Researcher, Doctoral Supervisor, Technical Institute of Physics And Chemistry, CAS
1. Preparation of multi-scale interface materials
2. Interface adhesion properties regulation
3. Nanomedicine and Cancer Detection
Awards and Honors
1. 2014 National Outstanding Youth Fund of The National Natural Science Foundation of China
2. 2014 Youth Top Talents of National “Ten Thousand Talent Program”
3. 2013 Youth Chemistry Award of Chinese Chemical Society
4. 2010 World Science and Technology Nomination Award
5. 2009 National Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Nomination Award
6. 2008 outstanding doctoral thesis of the Chinese Academy of Sciences
7. 2007 Chinese Academy of Sciences President Excellence Award
Controlled growth and performance control of one-dimensional semiconductor nanostructures: electron transport in one-dimensional semiconductor nanostructures; one-dimensional semiconductor nanostructures with desired structure, size, and optoelectronic properties controlled by doping and surface conditioning; Possible applications of one-dimensional semiconductor nanostructures on nanoelectronic devices.
New sensor and sensing mechanism based on one-dimensional nanostructure: new phenomena and new effects of one-dimensional nanostructures in chemical and biological sensing applications; research on new sensing mechanisms and new sensors.
Clean energy devices based on one-dimensional nanostructures: Studying the charge transport characteristics of one-dimensional nanostructured solar cells, prepare high-efficiency new solar cells by using one-dimensional nanostructures; developing high-efficiency photocatalytic materials and methods based on one-dimensional nanostructures.
1. Jingxin Meng, Pengchao Zhang, Shutao Wang*, Recent Progress of Abrasion-Resistant Materials: Learning from Nature.
Chem. Soc. Rev. 2016, 45, 237?251.
2. Shutao Wang, Kesong Liu, Xi Yao, and Lei Jiang*, Bioinspired Surfaces with Superwettability: New Insight on Theory, Design, and Application.
Chem. Rev. 2015, 115, 8230–8293.
3. Xueli Liu, Shutao Wang*, Three-dimensional Nano-biointerface as A New Platform for Guiding Cell Fate.
Chem. Soc. Rev. 2014, 43, 2385-2401. (Cover)
4. Yingying Li, Qihang Lu, Hongliang Liu, Jianfeng Wang, Pengchao Zhang, Huageng Liang, Lei Jiang, Shutao Wang*, Antibody Modified Reduced Graphene Oxide Film with Extreme Sensitivity to Circulating Tumor Cells.
Adv. Mater. 2015, 27, 6848–6854.
5. Chao Huang, Gao Yang, Qing Ha, Jinxin Meng, Shutao Wang*, Multifunctional “Smart” Particles Engineered from Live Immunocytes: Toward Capture and Release of Cancer Cells.
Adv. Mater. 2015, 27, 310-313.
6. Juan Jin, Yongzheng Xing, Yanli Xi, Xueli Liu, Tao Zhou, Xinxin Ma, Zhongqiang Yang, Shutao Wang*, Dongsheng Liu*, A Triggered DNA Hydrogel Cover to Envelop and Release Single Cells.
Adv. Mater. 2013, 25, 4714-4717.
7. Pengchao Zhang, Li Chen, Tailin Xu, Hongliang Liu, Xueli Liu, Jingxin Meng, Gao Yang, Shutao Wang,* Lei Jiang,Programmable fractal nanostructured interfaces for specific cancer cell recognition.
Adv. Mater. 2013, 25, 3566–3570.
8. Hongliang Liu, Xueli Liu, Jingxin Meng, Pengchao Zhang, Gao Yang, Bin Su, Kang Sun, Li Chen, Dong Han, Shutao Wang*, Lei Jiang, Hydrophobic Interaction-Mediated Capture and Release of Cancer Cells on Thermoresponsive Nanostructured Surfaces.
Adv. Mater. 2013, 25, 922-928. (Materials Views, Research News Highlight)
9. Li Chen, Xueli Liu, Bin Su, Jing Li, Lei Jiang, Dong Han*, Shutao Wang*, Aptamer-Mediated Efficient Capture and Release of T Lymphocytes on Nanostructured Surfaces.
Adv. Mater. 2011, 23, 4376-4380. (Journal Cover, Materials Views China Highlight News)
10. Hongliang Liu, Yingying Li, Kang Sun, Junbing Fan, Pengchao Zhang, Jingxin Meng, Shutao Wang*, Lei Jiang, Dual-Responsive Surfaces Modified with Phenylboronic Acid-Containing Polymer Brush for Reversible Cell Capture and Release.
J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2013, 135, 7603–7609
11. Ruixue Duan,? Xiaolei Zuo,? Shutao Wang,? Xiyun Quan, Dongliang Chen, Zhifei Chen, Lei Jiang, Chunhai Fan, and Fan Xia*, Lab in a Tube: Ultrasensitive Detection of MicroRNAs at the Single-2 Cell Level and in Breast Cancer Patients Using Quadratic Isothermal Amplification.
J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2013, 135, 4604-4607.
12. Gao Yang, Yanhua Cao, Junbing Fan, Hongliang Liu, Feilong Zhang, Pengchao Zhang, Chao Huang, Lei Jiang, Shutao Wang*, Rapid Generation of Cell Gradients by Utilizing Merely Nanotopographic Interactions on the Bio-Inert Glass Surface.
Angew. Chem. In. Ed. 2014, 53, 2915–2918.
13. Shutao Wang, Kan Liu, Jian Liu, Zeta T.- F. Yu, Eun Kyung Lee, Xiaowen Xu, Jean Reiss, Leland W. K. Chung, Jiaoti Huang, Matthew Rettig, David Silegson, Kumaran N. Duraiswamy, Clifton K.-F. Shen*, and Hsian-Rong Tseng*, Highly Efficient Capture of Circulating Tumor Cells Using Nanostructured Silicon Substrates with Integrated Chaotic Micromixers.
Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2011, 50, 3084-3088. (Journal Cover, Nature Medicine Highlight)
14. Feilong Zhang, Yan Jiang, Xueli Liu, Jingxin Meng, Pengchao Zhang, Hongliang Liu, Gao Yang, Guannan Li, Lei Jiang, Li-Jun Wan, Jin-Song Hu,* and Shutao Wang*, Hierarchical Nanowire Arrays as Three-Dimensional Fractal Nanobiointerfaces for High Efficient Capture of Cancer Cells.
Nano Lett. 2016, 16, 766?772.
15. Jingxin Meng, Pengchao Zhang, Feilong Zhang, Hongliang Liu, Junbing Fan, Xueli Liu, Gao Yang, Lei Jiang, andShutao Wang*, A Self-Cleaning TiO2 Nanosisal-like Coating toward Disposing Nanobiochips of Cancer Detection.
ACS Nano 2015, 9, 9284-9291.