Name: MENG Xiangmin
MENG Xiangmin, male, researcher, born in April 1965. In June 1987, he graduated from the Department of Physics Lanzhou University, currently working in the Electron Microscope Laboratory of Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry of Chinese Academy of Sciences. 1987.9-2001.7, he worked in the Open Research Laboratory of Solid Atomic Image, Institute of Metal Research of Chinese Academy of Sciences, focusing on the microstructural characterization of materials. He has participated in the research of five national foundation including 973 project. 1998.9-1999.3, he working as a researcher at National Institute of Metal Materials (NRIM) of the Japan Science and Technology Agency (STA). 1996.12-1997.5 and 2001.7-2003.7, he was engaged in the research on the preparation, microstructure and properties of diamond films and a nanomaterial at the Center of Super Diamond and Surface Research of the City University of Hong Kong. In August 2003, he was employed by Technical Physical and Chemical Technology Research of Chinese Academy of Sciences. In 2005, he was promoted as a researcher. He has published more than 100 papers in domestic and international journals such as Angew. Chem. In. Ed., Adv. Mater., Phys. Rev. Lett., Appl. Phys. Lett., of them two were selected as cover articles for Advanced Materials and Applied Physics Letters, full text of two in Appl.Phys. Lett. were selected into Virtual Journal of Nano-Scale Science & Technology by the American Physical Society and American Institute of Physics and Photon Laser for Single ZnS Nanobelts, was selected by the American Physical Society as an excellent article in 2004 to give a comprehensive review.
Preparation of low-dimensional nanomaterials, analysis of material structure and properties
Awards and Honors:
1. Second Class Prize of Natural Science Award of CAS (1992)
2. Key Technology Talents of CAS (2010)
1. Fan X, Meng XM*, Zhang XH*, Shi WS, Zhang WJ, Lee CS, Lee ST, Dart-shaped tricrystal ZnS nanoribbons, Angew. Chem.-Int. Ed. 45 (2006)2568-2571. (IF=13.4)
2. Meng XM, Zhang WJ, Chan CY, Lee CS, I. Bello, Lee ST, Surface microstructure analysis of cubic boron nitride films by TEM, Appl. Phys. Lett., 88 (2006) 031904.
3. Fan X, Meng XM*, Zhang XH, Lee CS, LeeST. Template fabrication of SiO2 nanotubes, Appl. Phys. Lett., 90 (2007) 103114. (Selected for the March 19, 2007 issue of Virtual Journal of Nanoscale Science & Technology)
4. Xu J, Meng XM*, Lee CS* et al, Low-Temperature Synthesis of CuInSe(2) Nanotube Array on Conducting Glass Substrates for Solar Cell Application, ACS NANO, 4(10): (2010) 6064.
5. Xing Huang, Xiang-Min Meng* et al, Array of Hetero-Epitaxial Single-Crystalline ZnO/ZnS core/shell Nanorods, ACS NANO, Peer report.