Yi Chen, graduated from the Institute of Photographic Chemistry of the Chinese Academy of Sciences in 1996 and got her Ph.D. From 1997 to 1999, she undertook her postdoc research at the Department of Chemistry, Sunderland University, UK; from 2000 to 2001, she undertook her postdoc research at the Center for Molecular Sciences, University of Oxford, UK, 2000-2001; from 2002 to 2003, she served as associate researcher at Technical Institute of Physics And Chemistry, CAS; 2004-present, she serves as researcher and doctoral supervisor at Technical Institute of Physics And Chemistry, CAS. She has published more than 50 papers in international and domestic core journals; she has also obtained 3 invention patents granted by China.
Synthesis and application of organic photochromic materials, including: diarylethene photochromic materials; fulgide photochromic materials; pyran and spiropyran photochromic materials. Application background: optical storage; optical switch; light filtering; protection; anti-counterfeiting; decoration.
1) Y. Dang and Y. Chen*, One-pot oxidation and bromination of 3,4-diaryl-2,5-dihydrothiophenes using Br2: synthesis and application of 3,4-diaryl-2,5-dibromothiophenes. J. Org. Chem. 2007, 72, 6901.
2) N. Xie and Y. Chen*, Construction and photoswitching properties of fluorescent diarylethenes, J. Mater. Chem. 2007, 17, 861.
3) Y. Dang and Y. Chen*, Oxidation of 3,4-diaryl-2,5-dihydrothiophenes to 3,4-diarylthiophenes using CuBr2: simple and efficient preparation of 3,4-diarylthiophenes, Eur. J. Org. Chem. 2007, 5661.
4) N. Xie and Y. Chen*, Two addressable fluorescent switches based on a photochromic diarylethene, J. Mater. Chem. 2006, 16, 982.
5) D. X. Zeng, Y. Chen*, A new approach to the preparation of 1,3,4-triarylpyrroles, Synlett. 2006, 3, 490.
6) N. Xie, D. X. Zeng, Y. Chen*, 3,4-Bis(5-iodo-2-methylthien-3-yl)-2,5-dihydrothiophene: a powerful synthon for the preparation of photochromic dithienylethene derivatives, Synlett 2006, 5, 737.
7) Y. Chen*, D. X. Zeng, N. Xie, and Y. Z. Dang, Study on photochromism of diarylethenes with a 2,5-dihydropyrrole bridging unit: a convenient preparation of 3,4-diarylpyrroles from 3,4-diaryl-2,5-dihydropyrroles, J. Org. Chem. 2005, 70, 5001.
8) Y. Chen* and N. Xie, Modulation of a fluorescent switch based on a controllable photochromic diarylethene shutter, J. Mater. Chem. 2005, 15, 3229.
9) B. Yao, M. Lei, N. Menke, G. Chen, Y. Chen, T. Li and M. Fan, Polarization patterns hide and display using photoinduced anisotropy of photochromic fulgide, Optics Express 2005, 13, 20.
10) S. Luo, K. Chen, L. Cao, G. Liu, Q. He, G. Jin, D. X. Zeng and Y. Chen, Photochromic diarylethene for rewritable holographic data storage, Optics Express 2005, 13, 3123.
11) Y. Chen*, D. X. Zeng, Study on photochromism of diarylethenes with phenolic Schiff base: preparation and photochromism of diarylethene with benzoxazole, J. Org. Chem. 2004, 69, 5037.
12) Yi Chen*, De X. Zeng, A Selective, Fluorescent Sensor for Zn2+, ChemPhysChem, 2004, 5, 564. 13) Yi Chen*, De X. Zeng and Mei G. Fan, Synthesis and Photochromic Properties of Functional Diarylethene with 2,5-Dihydrothiophene Bridging Unit, Organic Letters, 2003, 5, 1435.