Name: CHEN Yong
CHEN Yong, researcher, doctoral supervisor
He graduated from the College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering of Southwest China Normal University in 2002 with a Bachelor of Science degree. In 2007, he obtained a Ph.D. degree in organic chemistry from the Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry of CAS. From 2007 to 2011, he was engaged in postdoctoral research at the ZHI Zhiming Academic Research Group of the Department of Chemistry, University of Hong Kong. In 2011, he returned to the Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry of CAS. Currently, he has undertaken a number of research projects and sub-projects such as the National Natural Science Foundation of China, the Chinese Academy of Sciences' Strategic Pilot Project, and the Croucher Foundation. He was mainly engaged in the study of supramolecular self-assembly of metal complexes and solar photoelectrochemical conversion. He has published over 70 papers on international journals including Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., Adv. Mater., Energy Environ. Sci., Chem. Sci., Chem. Commun. His research results have been reported by Nature China with research highlights.
1） Photo/Electrocatalytic reactions: including photo/electrocatalytic decomposition of water for hydrogen production and oxygen production, carbon dioxide reduction, nitrogen fixation, and photo/electrocatalytic organic reactions
2） Functional metal complexes: including metal complexes, photophysical and photochemical, metal complexes, supramolecular self-assembly
1. Qi Liu, Mo Xie, Xiaoyong Chang, Shuang Cao, Chao Zou, Wen-Fu Fu, Chi-Ming Che, Yong Chen,* Wei Lu,* “Tunable Multicolor Phosphorescence of Crystalline Polymeric Complex Salts with Metallophilic Backbones”,Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2018, 57, 6279-6283.
2. Rui Shi, Hui-Fang Ye, Fei Liang, Zhuan Wang, Kai Li, Yuxiang Weng, Zheshuai Lin, Wen-Fu Fu, Chi-Ming Che, Yong Chen,* “Interstitial P-Doped CdS with Long-Lived Photogenerated Electrons for Photocatalytic Water Splitting without Sacrificial Agents”, Adv. Mater. 2018, 30, 1705941.
3. Chun-Chao Hou, Qiang Li, Chuan-Jun Wang, Qian-Qian Chen, Cheng-Yun Peng, Hui-Fang Ye, Wen-Fu Fu,* Chi-Ming Che, Núria López,* Yong Chen,* “Ternary Ni-Co-P nanoparticles as noble-metal-free catalysts to boost the hydrolytic dehydrogenation of ammonia-borane”, Energy Environ. Sci. 2017, 10, 1770-1776.
4. Shuang Cao, Chuan-Jun Wang, Wen-Fu Fu, Yong Chen,* “Metal Phosphides as Cocatalysts for Photocatalytic and Photo-electrocatalytic Water Splitting”, ChemSusChem 2017, 10, 4306-4323 (Front Cover).
5. Chun-Chao Hou, Qian-Qian Chen, Chuan-Jun Wang, Fei Liang, Zheshuai Lin, Wen-Fu Fu, Yong Chen,* “Self-Supported Cedarlike Semimetallic Cu3P Nanoarrays as a 3D High-Performance Janus Electrode for Both Oxygen and Hydrogen Evolution under Basic Conditions”, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 2016, 8, 23037-23048.
6. Chun-Chao Hou, Shuang Cao, Wen-Fu Fu, Yong Chen,* “Ultrafine CoP Nanoparticles Supported on Carbon Nanotubes as Highly Active Electrocatalyst for Both Oxygen and Hydrogen Evolution in Basic Media”,ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 2015, 7, 28412-28419.
7. Shuang Cao, Yong Chen,* Chuan-Jun Wang, Xiao-Jun Lv, Wen-Fu Fu,* “Spectacular photocatalytic hydrogen evolution using metal-phosphide/CdS hybrid catalysts under sunlight irradiation”, Chem. Commun.2015, 51, 8708-8711.
8. Shuang Cao, Yong Chen,* Chuan-Jun Wang, Ping He, Wen-Fu Fu,* “Highly efficient photocatalytic hydrogen evolution by nickel phosphide nanoparticles from aqueous solution”, Chem. Commun. 2014, 50, 10427-10429.
9. Yong Chen, Gang Cheng, Kai Li, Deepak P. Shelar, Wei Lu*, Chi-Ming Che*, “Phosphorescent polymeric nanomaterials with metallophilic d10 interactions self-assembled from [Au(NHC)2]+ and [M(CN)2]”,Chem. Sci. 2014, 5, 1348-1353.
10. Yong Chen, Jun-Li Li, Glenna So Ming Tong, Wei Lu, Wen-Fu Fu*, Siu-Wai Lai, Chi-Ming Che*, “Nanostructures of tetranuclear copper(I) complexes with short Cu(I)Cu(I) contacts: crystallization-induced emission enhancement”, Chem. Sci. 2011, 2(8), 1509-1514.
11. Yong Chen, Kai Li, Harriet O. Lloyd, Wei Lu*, Stephen Sin-Yin Chui, Chi-Ming Che*, “Tetrakis(arylisocyanide) Rhodium(I) Salts in Water: NIR Luminescent and Conductive Supramolecular Polymeric Nanowires with Hierarchical Organization”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2010, 49(51), 9968-9971.
12. Yong Chen, Kai Li, Wei Lu*, Stephen Sin-Yin Chui, Chun-Wah Ma, Chi-Ming Che*, “Photoresponsive Supramolecular Organometallic Nanosheets Induced by PtII PtII and C-H p Interactions”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2009, 48(52), 9909-9913.
13. Wei Lu, Yong Chen, V. A. L. Roy, Stephen Sin-Yin Chui, Chi-Ming Che*, “Supramolecular Polymers and Chromonic Mesophases Self-Organized from Photophosphorescent Cationic Organoplatinum(II) Complexes in Water”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2009, 48(41), 7621-7625