Name: Peng Qinjun
Peng Qinjun, born in January 1976, got his M. Sc. degree from School of Physics, Sichuan University, and Ph.D. in Key Laboratory of Photophysics from Institute of Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences. Peng is currently researcher, doctoral supervisor and director of Research Center of Laser Physics and Technology, Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences. Peng is a member of the National Major Special Demonstration Expert Group, a member of the National High-Tech Research and Development Program (863) Project Expert Group, a member of the first field expert group of CAS, a certain major program chief of CAS, chief scientist of a national key frontier equipment development-deep UV project, a member of the National Optical Laser Special Committee, a member of the Orientation Committee of the Chinese Ordnance Industry, editorial board of the American Scientific World magazine, member of the Science and Technology Committee of TIPC, CAS, member of the Beijing Optical Society, etc.
Peng has been engaged in laser physics, high-power all-solid-state laser technology, variable-frequency laser technology, photoelectric information processing technology and other research work, and more than one hundred papers have been published in journals such as Appl Phys Lett, Opt Lett, Electron. Lett, etc., participated in one monograph, and was awarded one Beijing Science and Technology Award. He also served as APLS2008, Chairman of CLEO2009, member of the Organizing Committee of SinoGerm FOS 2010 and 2011, and judge of the Asia-Pacific Young Scientist Awards. He was invited to give a special invitation report at the International Conference IEEE LFNM2006, APLS2008, CAOL 2009, CLEO2009, and assisted Academician Xu Zuyan to participate in the writing of national medium and long-term planning, national high-tech research and development plan (863) 11th and 12th Five-Year Plan, the third phase of CAS and the 12th Five-Year Plan.
1. Research on ultra-high power all-solid-state laser technology, basic science of ultra-high power and high-brightness all-solid-state laser, high-power high-brightness solid-state laser engineering technology, active and passive beam quality control technology, beam coherent synthesis and incoherent synthesis technology, High-power high-brightness solid-state laser new technology exploration, etc.
2. Research on high-power variable-frequency laser technology: the generation and practical technology of deep-UV solid-state laser, optical parametric laser technology, research on multiple harmonic generation technology, mid-infrared solid-state laser technology, etc.
3. Research on all-solid-state laser application technology: such as laser advanced manufacturing, laser medical, etc.
Awards and Honors:
First Class Prize of Science and Technology, Beijing
1. Wavelength switchable high-power diode-side-pumped rod Tm: YAG Laser around 2μm, C Wang, S Du, Q Peng, Z Xu et al. Opt. Express,26 (2013)7156.
2. Sequence combining of pulsed lasers using refraction-beam-displacement, J Xu, Q Peng et al. Appl.Opt.52, (2013)208
3. High power UV 278 nm laser from fourth harmonic generation of a diode-pumped Q-switched Nd:YAG laser in CsB3O5, Z Wang, F Yang, G Zhang, Q Peng, Y Wu and Z Xu et al. Opt. Lett,37 (2012)2403.
4. Theoretical and experimental investigations of nanosecond 177.3nm deep-ultraviolet light by second harmonic generation in KBBF, F.Yang, Q Peng, Z Xu et al. Appl. Phys. B 96 (2009)415.
5. Efficient improvement of laser beam quality by coherent combining in an improved Michelson cavity; Q Peng, Z Xu et al Opt.Lett.30(2005)1485