Name: Hong Guotong
Hong Guotong, male, born in March 1963 in Min County Hunan Province, researcher and doctoral supervisor. In 1983 and 2002, Hong got his Bachelor and Master degree in refrigeration and cryogenic technology from Huazhong Institute of Technology respectively. From 1983 to 2002, he worked as assistant engineer, engineer, senior engineer and deputy director of the research office at 510 Institute of China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation. He then transferred to Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry of Chinese Academy of Sciences in February 2002, and became a researcher in December 2003. He worked as a visiting scholar in Department of Physics, Oxford University from December 2004 to March 2005. He has been appointed as the leader of the space refrigeration technology discipline of the China Academy of Space Technology, a member of the China Environmental Technology Research Institute satellite environmental engineering pre-research expert group, a member of the China Associate of Refrigeration, and a member of the First Professional Committee of the China Associate of Refrigeration. Hong has been engaged in space cryogenic refrigeration technology research for a long time including space radiant cooling, throttling refrigeration systems, long-life Stirling refrigeration, super-flow enthalpy refrigeration, liquid helium cryogenic targets, space cryogenic system integration and applications, and cryogenic liquid storage, etc.
Space cryogenic system integration technology: including space optical component refrigeration, focal plane cooling, system thermal analysis, efficient heat transfer and thermal interface, micro Stirling refrigeration technology liquid helium temperature zone cryogenic target technology.
Awards and Honors:
1985 National Border Silver Award for Outstanding Children, New Long March Assault Commander of the Ministry of Aerospace
1990 First Class Prize of Aerospace Science and Technology Progress
1993 Top Ten Technology Youth of Aerospace Industry Corporation Fifth Institutes
2000 Second Class Prize of National Defense Science and Technology Progress
1. A liquid helium temperature cryogenic target for impact compression test, Vacuum and Cryogenics, No.2, 2007.
2. Development of experimental device for superfluid helium gas phase separator, Cryogenic Engineering, No.3 2004
3. History, current situation and trend of space refrigeration technology in China, Proceedings of Space Refrigeration Technology Seminar, March 2004, Bo’ao, Hainan.
4. Latest development of space cryogenic integration technology, Proceedings of Space Refrigeration Technology Seminar, March 2004, Bo’ao, Hainan.
5. Characteristic Experiments of a Space Stirling Cryocooler, Proceedings of Energy Conversion and Application (ICECA’2001), June 17-20, 2001, Wuhan, P. R. China.
6. Development of a Long Life Space Stirling Cryocooler, Proceedings of the Sixth Joint Sino-Japanese Seminar on Cryocooler and Its Applications, August 20-24, 2000, Lanzhou, P. R. China.
7. Current status and development trend of space refrigeration technology, Chinese Journal of Refrigeration Technology, Satellite Payload and Application Technology Professional Group, 1997, Xin’anjiang, Zhejiang
8. Optimization design method for main structural dimensions of W-type radiant cooler, The 8th National Cryogenic Refrigerator Academic Exchange Conference, 1996, Beijing.