Name: Li Rukang
Li Rukang, male, born in August 1962, graduated from Department of Modern Chemistry, University of Science and Technology of China in 1982. He got his Ph. D. degree from the Institute of Material Structure of Chinese Academy of Sciences in 1988. Humboldt Scholar of the Max Planck Institute of Stuttgart, Germany; Research Assistant, Department of Chemistry, University of Birmingham, UK; Professor of University of Science and Technology of China since 1996. Li applied the quantum chemical calculation method to the performance calculation of borate nonlinear optical materials for the first time, calculated the multiplication coefficients of inorganic UV frequency doubling crystals BBO, LBO, CBO, etc., and achieved performance prediction of a new type of nonlinear optical crystal. The compiled calculation software played an important role in the exploration of nonlinear optical materials, which directly led to the discovery of some new frequency doubling crystals. In the exploration of high Tc superconducting new system, a new scheme for layered copper oxide structure design is proposed. Two types of superstructures, Ta (Nb)-1222, Ga-1222, and more than ten different layered copper oxides of different structural types were first reported internationally. He has successively won the Second Prize of Young Scientists of CAS, the Second Prize of Dr. Henry Fok Young Teacher of the State Education Commission (Research) and the Third Prize of Natural Science of the Chinese Academy of Sciences. He has published more than 50 papers in SCI. of which as the first author ones are cited 200 times and others are cited more than 300 times. In 2001, he was selected into "Hundred Talents Program" of CAS, currently a researcher of Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry of Chinese Academy of Sciences.
Photoelectric functional crystal materials, exploration of optoelectronic functional crystal materials, including material design, preparation, crystal growth, structural determination, etc.
1. Li Rukang, Chen Chuangtian, Calculation of the Frequency Multiplication Coefficient of Low Temperature Phase Barium Borate (BaB2O4) Crystal，Acta Physica Sinica, 34(1985), 823.
2. Li Rukang, The Interpretation of UV Absorption of Borate Glasses and Crystals Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids 111(1989), 199-204.
3. Li Rukang, Zhu Yingjie, et al, The Preparation and Structure of a New Layered Cuprate: TaSr2(NdCe)2Cu2Oy, the Ta Analog of the Tl-1222 phase, Physica C176(1991), 17-23
4. Li Rukang, R. K. Kremer and J. Maier, A New Layered Cuprate Superconductor: GaSr2(Y,Ce)2Cu2O9-δ, Physica C200(1992), 344-348
5. Li Rukang, R. K. Kremer and J. Maier, The Synthesis and Characterization of a New Family of Single Layer Cuprates LnBaCu2BO3(Ln=La,Pr,Nd,Sm,Eu,Gd), Physica C213(1993), 26-32.
6. Li Rukang, Preparation and Structure of Nd2Sr1.5Ce0.5Cu2O6BO3: A 1222 phase containing a Borate group as a Connecting Element, Journal of Materials Chemistry 5(1995), 1973-1974.
7. Li Rukang, Xiong Chaoshui, et al, The preparation and characterization of a new layered yttrium nickel borocarbide(Y2NiBC2), Journal of Alloy and Compounds 223(1995), 53-55.
8. Li Rukang, Pb2Sr2Cu2TaO8Cl, a New Layered Cuprate with Hematophanite Structure Journal Solid State Chemistry 130(1997), 154-156.
9. R. K. Li and C. Greaves, Double-layered ruthenate Sr3Ru2O7F2 formed by fluorine insertion into Sr3Ru2O7, PHYSICAL REVIEW B, 62(2000), 3811.
10. R. K. Li, C. T. Chen,1 and C. Greaves, Magnetic order of LiMnBO3: A new type of chiral magnetic ground state, PHYSICAL REVIEW B 66, 052405, 2002.