Name: Yao Jiyong
Yao Jiyong, male, born in August 1974, researcher and doctoral supervisor of Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry of Chinese Academy of Sciences. From September 1992 to June 2000, he studied for his Bachelor and Master degree in chemistry at the University of Science and Technology of China. From September 2000 to August 2004, he studied for Ph.D. in the Department of Chemistry, Northwestern University, the United States. From September 2004, he worked as Postdoc in Department of Chemistry, University of Liverpool; Department of Chemistry, Northwestern University and Department of Chemistry, Texas A&M University. In June 2009, he started to work in Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry of Chinese Academy of Sciences.
Yao has been engaged in the research of synthesis, crystal growth, structural analysis and characterization of physical properties such as nonlinear optics, magnetism and superconductivity of inorganic crystalline functional materials for a long time, experienced in different methods of inorganic synthesis, crystal growth and the determination of crystal structure by single crystal x-ray diffraction and the de novo analysis of crystal structure from the powder and the refinement of the structure, had a deep understand of the relationship of composition element - crystal structure - properties. Yao has designed and synthesized hundreds of novel compounds with novel structures and excellent properties, of which relevant research results are published in more than 100 papers in J. Am. Chem. Soc., Optics Letters, Optics Express, J. Mater. Chem. C, Inorg. Chem., Dalton Trans, etc. He has applied for 16 patents (10 have been authorized) and made many reports at domestic and international academic conferences such as the National Crystal Growth Conference and the International Crystal Growth Conference.
1. Design, Synthesis, Crystal Growth and Properties of Novel Infrared Nonlinear Optical Materials
2. Synthesis, Structure and Properties of Novel Magnetic Materials
3. Research on other inorganic crystalline functional materials
1. Li, Chao; Yin, Wenlong; Gong, Pifu; Li, Xiaoshuang; Zhou, Molin; Mar, Arthur; Lin, Zheshuai; Yao, Jiyong;* Wu, Yicheng; Chen, Chuangtian. Trigonal Planar [HgSe3]4- Unit: A New Kind of Basic Functional Group in IR Nonlinear Optical Materials with Large Susceptibility and Physicochemical Stability. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2016, 138, 6135-6138.
2. Yuan, Jinhe; Li, Chao; Yao, Baoquan;* Yao, Jiyong;* Duan, Xiaoming; Li, Yingyi; Shen, Yingjie; Wu, Yicheng; Cui, Zheng; Dai, Tongyou. High power, tunable mid-infrared BaGa4Se7 optical parametric oscillator pumped by a 2.1 mu m Ho:YAG laser. Opt. Express 2016, 24, 6083-6087.
3. Li, Xiaoshuang; Li, Chao; Gong, Pifu; Lin, Zheshuai; Yao, Jiyong;* Wu, Yicheng. BaGa2SnSe6: A New Phase-matchable IR Nonlinear Optical Material with Strong Second Harmonic Generation Response J. Mater. Chem. C, 2015, 3, 10998-11004.
4. Li, Xiaoshuang; Kang, Lei; Li, Chao; Lin, Zheshuai; Yao, Jiyong;* Wu, Yicheng. PbGa4S7: A Wide-Gap Nonlinear Optical Material. J. Mater. Chem. C: 2015, 2015, 3, 3060-3067.
5. Zhang, Xin; Yao, Jiyong;* Yin, Wenlong; Zhu, Yong; Wu, Yicheng; Chen, Chuangtian. Determination of the Nonlinear Optical Coefficients of the BaGa4Se7 Crystal. Opt. Express., 2015, 23, 552-558.