Name: NIU Zhongwei
NIU Zhongwei, male, born in May 1974, received his Ph.D. in Polymer Physics and Chemistry from the Institute of Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences in 2003. He has won the first 50 excellent doctoral thesis of the Chinese Academy of Sciences and Chinese Academy of Sciences Dean Scholarship. He started his postdoctoral research at the University of Leuven, Belgium from 2004m to 2005 and in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of South Carolina, USA from2005 to 2009. He has published more than 40 SCI papers in journals such as Chem Soc Rev, Angew Chem, Nano Lett, Adv Funct Mater, which has been cited more than 800 times. He is currently a researcher at the Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry of the Chinese Academy of Sciences.
1. Biomedical functional polymer materials;
2. Electrospinning technology for preparing bio-nano materials;
3. The regulation of nanostructures on cell behavior
1. Liu Z.; Qiao J.; Niu Z.*; Wang Q.; "Natural supramolecular building blocks: from virus coat proteins to viral nanoparticles" Chem. Soc. Rev., 2012, 41, 6178-6194.
2. Niu, Z.; He, J.; Russell, T. P.; Wang, Q.; “Synthesis of nano/micro structure at interfaces”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2010,49, 10052-10066.
3. Lin, Y.; Balizan, E.; Niu, Z.*; Wang, Q.*; “Self-assembly of rod-like bionanoparticles in capillary tube”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2010, 49, 868-872.
4. Rong, J.; Lee, L. A.; Li, K.; Harp, B.; Mello, C. M.; Niu, Z.*; Wang, Q.*; “Oriented cells growth on self-assembled bacteriophage M13 thin films”, Chem. Commun. 2008, 5185-5187.
5. Niu, Z.; Liu, J.; Lee, L. A.; Bruckman, M. A.; Zhao, D.; Koley, G.*; Wang, Q.*, “Biological templated synthesis of water-soluble conductive polymeric nanowires”, Nano Lett. 2007, 7, 3729-3733.