1963 B.S. in Optical materials, University of Science and Technology of China
1963-2008 Professor, Institute of Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing
2008-present Professor, Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing
2001-present Academician, Chinese Academy of engineering
Honors and Awards:
1987 2nd Prize of National invention award
1998 2nd Prize of National Prize for Progres in Science and Technology
2006 Award of Ho Leung Ho Lee Foundation for Scientific and Technological Progress
2007 Team award of Qiu shi Science & Technology Foundation
1st pirze of CAS invention award, 1st pirze of CAS Progres in Science and Technolog, 1st prize of Beijing Science and Technolog
Laser technology and nonlinear optics;
Selected Recent Publications：
1. Wavelength switchable high-power diode-side-pumped rod Tm:YAG Laser around 2μm, C Wang , S Du, Q Peng, Z Xu et al.Opt.Express,26 (2013)7156.
2. High power UV 278 nm laser from fourth harmonic generation of a diode-pumped Q-switched Nd:YAG laser in CsB3O5, Z Wang, FYang, G Zhang, Y Wu and Z Xu et al. Opt. Lett,37 (2012)2403.
3. Electronic origin of high-temperature superconductivity in single-layer FeSe superconductor, D Liu, W Zhang, Z Xu, X Zhou et al. Nature Commun. 3 (2012) 931.
4. Direct observation of Fermi pocket in high temperature cuprate superconductors, J. Meng, C. Chen, Z. Xu and X.J. Zhou et al. Nature,462 (2009)335.
5. High efficiency 355 nm generation in a borate crystal BABF， Z Xu et al. Opt. Lett. 34 (2009) 746
6. Theoretical and experimental investigations of nanosecond 177.3nm deep-ultraviolet light by second harmonic generation in KBBF, F.Yang, Z Xu et al. Appl.Phys. B 96 (2009)415.
7. 12.95mW sixth harmonic generation with KBBF crystal，G.Wang, Z. Xu et al. Appl.Phys. B91 (2008)95; 5. Picosecond laser amplification system with 93 W high average power，Z. Xu et al. Opt.Commu. 281(2008)2879.
8. Generation of 7.6 W of blue laser by frequency-tripling of a Nd:YAG laser in LBO crystals, H.Peng, Z.Xu et al. Opt.Express, 14(2006)6543.
9. The vacuum ultraviolet phase-matching characteristics of nonlinear optical KBBF crystal, C. Chen, Z. Xu et al., Appl. Phys.Lett. 68(1996)2930.
10. Retracing behavior of the phase matching angle of nonlinear crystals in optical parametric oscillators,X.Liu, Z.Xu et al. J. Appl. Phys.74(1993)2989.